Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TTT: Favorite Regency Novels


This week's TTT topic is Favorite Books with X Setting. In my case X=Regency England.

 All Jane Austen really, but these two are my favorites.

Harsher than Austen, but still oh so good.

 Magical fantasy fun times in Regency England.

Julia Qunn is an auto-buy author for me. All of her books are set in Regency England and I adore them all, but this is my favorite.
 
And as a bonus, here is the WORST Regency set novel I've read:

What is notably missing from this list?
GEORGETTE HEYER Why? I've always wanted to read her books, but am a little scared. I've heard so many great things and I don't want to hate them. Also there are so many and I don't know where to begin. If anyone would like to help me with this I would love to hear your suggestions.



11 comments:

  1. I did enjoy the first Kat Incorrigible novel. I haven't gotten around to much Austen yet. Interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kat books just keep getting better.

      Delete
  2. Lovely list! I picked up Sorcery & Cecelia last year and have yet to read it, but I've heard it's quite fun! I'm with you on Georgette Heyer -- I've heard such good things, but wouldn't know where to start!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it soon! So good. I know Georgette Heyer has such a large number of books it's intimidating.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes, Wrapped was fairly dreadful. I think I finished it, but just barely. LOVE the rest of your list! And I need to get back to my Julia Quinn readthrough--I keep getting sidetracked by other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ONLY reason I finished Wrapped was because I paid for it.

      I love JQ's novels oh so much.

      Delete
  4. Great List - I really need to read Wrapped. Pride and Prejudice and The Bridgerton series will go on my adult list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P&P and all the Bridgerton books are perfect reading experiences. Of different sorts of course.

      Delete
  5. I've read a couple of Georgette Heyer, she's quite fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the only one on this list I've read is P&P, but I loved it.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven’t heard of Julia Quinn, but you’ve piqued my curiosity! She sounds like someone I would like!

    I’ve only read one Georgette Heyer novel (The Grand Sophy), but I loved it, and several more of her books are on my list.

    ReplyDelete