Friday, May 20, 2016

Birthday Books

It is birthday month in the Painter house. May is actually harder on our budget and time than December, if you can believe it. We have three birthdays and an anniversary. Two of those birthdays belong to my children, and I like to share what books I'm purchasing for them every year.

For LM (who turned 8 yesterday):

 For Bit (who turns 12 next week; no one tell her):


And a card that lets her know I've pre-ordered these for her:


If you are wondering why Bit has two more and thinking that is unfair, it is because she is my voracious reader. LM is harder to please.

I love giving books as gifts! What are some books you enjoy giving to others?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, my 2 favorite Attolia books! Well, she should love those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's read them already. She's been loudly complaining about how she doesn't have her own copies. Also she keeps stealing mine.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your kids and Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Ooh is this the first time that Bit is reading QoA and KoA or is she just getting her own copies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's read them a couple of times. She has her own copy of The Thief. When we moved and she packed her books on her "favorite" shelf, she left spaced and pointed out the space where they would fit. It's come up a few times again since then.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthdays and anniversaries! My nephew just got I Love Slop from us for his birthday... Mo Willems is a favorite! I like Princess in Black or Lulu and the Duck in the Park for giving to my daughter's friends for birthday gifts, while my son will give either graphics (whatever he's liked recently) or Star Wars-related books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo Willems always works for younger kids. He is a true gift to us all.

      Delete