Thursday, October 24, 2013

COVER LOVE: New DWJ Covers

Cover Love is hosted by Shae Has Left the Room and is for the purpose of sharing the love of amazing and wonderful covers.

The UK editions of Diana Wynne Jones's books have been getting new covers over the past few years. These covers have all been magnificent. I'm not going to lie, I have ordered new copies of all of them from Book Depository as soon as they became available. This latest batch will be no exception. They are beautiful. And boy do they capture the  spirit of the books.




Aren't they gorgeous???? 

10 comments:

  1. Yes, they are beautiful! I love that cover for DEEP SECRET especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you (I think) for bringing it to my attention they had been released. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Very pretty. And I love the dragon on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dragon just makes me want to laugh. (It is a very nice cover dragon.) But oh man, that book and its hero are just so hilarious.

      Delete
  3. I neeeeeed these! I have a couple of her other books with these editions, but it would be so great to have a full set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four of the Chrestomanci editions (I still need Magicians and Witch Week) and Howl. I'm so annoyed Book Depository doesn't have them in stock yet. I'm going to have to order R.J. Anderson's new book from Amazon UK (as much as it pains me) so I may get these at the same time.

      Delete
  4. The font in which the author's name is printed certainly expresses how I feel when picking up a DWJ book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't though? It is so perfectly her.

      Delete
  5. Very nice covers, the authors name just pops out at ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as Sage says above it perfectly indicative of the feelings her name inspires in her fans. :)

      Delete