Friday, January 2, 2015

Cybils Shortlists and The Ones That Got Away

The Cybils Finalists were announced yesterday bringing Round One to an end. Now it's all in the hands of the Round Two panelists. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience as Round One panelist for a second year. Being involved in this process and such a great award is a true privilege.

I was a panelist for  MG Speculative Fiction and am rather proud of the finalists we ended with:



 


Here are some of the books that were nominated that I really enjoyed (and some of them I LOVE), but which didn't make in on the final list for various reasons.

 








5 comments:

  1. Those all look wonderful and picking a finalist list out of those selections looks very hard. I'm looking forward to getting to Greenglass House and Frostborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hearing about the ones that "almost" made it, too! More books to add to my kids' TBR piles. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read *amazing* things about The Night Gardener and The Fourteenth Goldfish, too. I just wrapped up my first year as a Round 1 panelist, and absolutely loved the experience! (I just posted a "ones that got away" post on my blog, too! It's so challenging to narrow those books down.)

    ReplyDelete