Tuesday, December 22, 2015

TTT: Santa Books


This week's TTT topic: It's supposed to be books you want Santa to leave you under the tree, but I always do it as books I'm GIVING to people. I want so many books there's no narrowing it down. And I love giving books to the kids in my life.

For Bit, age 11 sixth grade:


 For LM, age 7 second grade (DIFFICULT READER):

For the Entire Painter Family (including me-I cheated):

For the Niece, age almost 4:



In addition I bought her and LM both a set of these:
They are exactly as tiny and adorable as they look.

For the nephew, age 3 months:

Both are board books. You can never start Mo Willems fans too young.

What are some books you are giving or hoping to get this year?



10 comments:

  1. I love your approach to the TTT topic! Giving books is such a wonderful experience. I gave my daughter a coffee table book on the art/drawings of Kurt Vonnegut -- she's a big fan of his, and loved it! Looks like your family members will be getting some terrific books this year. Enjoy!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you listed bookish things that you are gifting. I hope you get some bookish goodies for yourself too. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I did get some lovely bookish presents. Feeling very loved and well known today.

      Delete
  3. That's a great approach to this week's topic. I guess I didn't think about doing it that way coz I'm kinda selfish. :P
    But I did buy books for my godchildren this Christmas.

    I love the book covers of those you're giving to Bit. They're lovely! I just added them to my TBR.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am also quite selfish. It's why I can't do it the other way. Far too many wanted things to narrow it down.:)

      Delete
  4. Oh, your list is so lovely! Great idea! Winter and the illustrated edition of Harry Potter are amazing! And fantastic gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My family was very excited about the Harry potter.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas, Brandy! Looks like I need to look for Mo Willems books for my godchildren. This year, I have a theme of giving books written by Filipino authors as gifts. So even for kiddie books, I've been looking for Filipino titles that I can give out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo Willems is a sure to please choice always. Every kid I know loves his books.

      Delete