Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TTT: Books Featuring Travel


This week's TTT topic is Books Featuring Travel.

Travels through time and space:
Blackout/All Clear by Connie Willis: These are two books, but they are two parts of the same story. You can not read one without the other, and they are magnificent. Time traveling historians are stuck in WWII England during the blitz and can not get out.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle: Do I really need to explain this one?

Travel between parallel worlds:
The Lives of Christopher Chant by Diana Wynne Jones: Oh I love Christopher so much and his character is forged a lot during the journeys he takes in this book. 

Travel of the teen tourist variety:
Usually I like these books better in theory than reality, but Meant to Be by Lauren Morill and Just One Day by Gayle Forman are exceptions. I loved them both in theory and in reality.

Traveling on a jet plan:

 The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith: Isn't this every girl's perfect airplane ride fantasy?

And because we all know how much I love fantasy, here are my traveling on a quest picks:

I could do an entire list on these books alone, but I'm going to force myself not to think about it anymore.


10 comments:

  1. Meant to Be looks fantastic. I can't believe I forgot about The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read Meant to Be. I am running out of excuses to keep moving it down my pile. I've heard amazing things about it. Just One Day WILL be read in July. I am promising myself that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read Meant to Be this summer too. They are both perfect summer reads.

      Delete
  3. Yay! The Thief. Love that series. :) Meant to Be definitely needs to go on my summer reads list... there have been so many from today's TTT posts that I realize I need to read still! Thanks for sharing and thanks so much for stopping by! :)
    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much find a way to include one of the Queen's Thief books in every list I make. :)

      Delete
  4. LOL - finally I found someone with a lot of the same picks as me! Whew! Yes, I love the fantasy and sci fi, too! Chronicles of Prydain would have been on my list but I ran out of room :-) I hadn't heard of Above World but it looks great! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do my own Favorite Things list later this year for Quest Fantasies I think. Above World is a great book.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these but Just One Day & Statistical are high up on my TBR :) I've heard amazing things about Gayle Forman and haven't read anything by her yet!!!! The cover for Blackout is gorgeous.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my post :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to participate in this yesterday but didn't have enough time to work on it last night. I would have included Just One Day and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight too. I was thinking of The Thief and other quest-type novels as well. Other titles that I would have included: Anna and the French Kiss, Saving June and The Chocolate Thief.

    ReplyDelete