Saturday, June 1, 2013

Boston Globe Horn Book Award

The 2013 Boston Globe Horn Book Award winners were announced this afternoon. I'm all kinds of excited about the Fiction winners this year. I have read all three and all three are excellent. I approve. What's even more exciting is that the two honor books are fantasies. Yay fantasy!

Fiction Winner:
I have finally read it, and yes it is as good as everyone says. My review will post on Thursday.

Fiction Honors:
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (my review)
A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty (my review)

Seraphina was a top 10 read for me last year, and both Eleanor & Park and A Corner of White are favorites of this year so far. Wonderful choices committee. Can I just say, that I always love the BGHB Award choices so much more than the Printz? 

The Picture Book winner is Building Our House, which I hadn't heard of but now have on hold at the library.

The Non-Fictoin winner is Electric Ben, which I now have on hold too. I am woefully behind when in comes to non-fiction. I hope this is a good find though as it may come in handy when Bit does US history in 5th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment