Tuesday, September 10, 2013

TTT: Books I Want to See as Movies



This week's TTT topic is Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love.)

OR PUT ANOTHER WAY:
 That caveat is important, because in reality many all of these books I don't want Hollywood anywhere near, the first one especially.

The Queen's Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner
The Above World Trilogy by Jenn Reece
 The Girl of Fire and Thorns Trilogy by Rae Carson
 The Ashtown Burials Series by N.D. Wilson
 The Oxford Time Travel Series by Connie Willis
 A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Ultraviolet and Quicksilver by R.J. Anderson
 The Tiffany Aching Books by Terry Pratchett
 The Kiki Strike Trilogy by Kirsten Miller
 The Magic Thief Series by Sarah Prineas

If nothing else this list is confirmation, if anyone needed any, that I am firmly a Sci-Fi/Fantasy lover. Honestly though,  it wasn't until I finished and looked back over the list that I realized I had not chosen any realistic fiction.

What about you?  Any books you would like to see on the screen?

12 comments:

  1. OMG, I love Kiki Strike! I've only read the first book though, I haven't found the other books yet. Also, I know we aren't supposed to judge the books by their covers, but you got me interested in the Connie Willis books just from the book covers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the last Kiki Strike as well as the first two, but it's still good.

      The Willis books are definitely worth the read!

      Delete
  2. From the cover arts alone I could tell these books have great fantasy elements to it.

    Hopping around...
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! The Thief!! How could I have forgotten that?!? They made this really cheesy gross adaption of A Wrinkle in Time :( :( :( - that's how it made me feel. One of my favourite series of all time - it could look SO EPIC on screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I never encountered the cheesy gross adaptation of Wrinkle. I don't know that I could handle the rage.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm, F&T, yessssssss. Real-life Hector COME TO MEEEEEEE. Also, real-life Storm, because he's funny and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to both of these. Though I might just be disappointed in anyone playing Hector.

      Delete
  5. Haha, I love that quote, it's oh-so-true! I hate it when filmmakers aren't true to the story and just completely mess it up. It almost ruins my perception of the book a little (but not really because the books are ALWAYS better). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really thought I commented ont his a few days ago...I guess it didn't show up. :-( But, ND Wilson did post on his facebook page that he is writing scripts for 100 Cupboards and The Dragon's Tooth! You probably saw it. I probably doesn't have a deal yet, but I think he wants to turn them into movies.

    P.S. I love your new design. Not sure how new it is, but I noticed it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the books I've listed here that I think will transfer best to the big screen. Though they better not white wash THE DRAGON'S TOOTH...

      Thanks!

      Delete