Tuesday, April 21, 2015

TTT: All Time Favorite Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This Week's Topic: All Time Favorite Authors





Keeping this at 10 was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

ETA: OKAY. I don't know how I managed to do this and leave Dorothy Sayers off of it, but that is all kinds of wrong. It's probably because I was distracted watching Parks and Recreation while I was making it. But Dorothy Sayers belongs on it. So if I were doing it properly again the first time, Connie Willis would be moved off as honorable mention. I seriously don't know what happened there. I KNOW I added an image of Gaudy Night to this post when I was doing it. Sigh.

What are your favorite authors?








8 comments:

  1. Yes to so many of these! Frances Hardinge, Elizabeth Marie Pope and Megan Whalen Turner, especially. Great list!

    My list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like political fantasy can you tell? :)

      Delete
  2. I picked up a copy of The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (per your suggestion) for our summer reading stack. Who knows maybe it will become our new favorite author :) Nice mix of books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. The series really reaches fantastic levels in book 2, which is my favorite book of ALL TIME.

      Delete
  3. Austen, Turner, Lewis, Rowling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to announce that I have read all of these authors! Although I haven't read Blackout and The Homeward Bounders. MWT, EWein, Laura Florand and JK Rowling would make it to my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read six out of ten of these and loved them all .... so I just checked out some Frances Hardinge because clearly I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete