Friday, June 19, 2015

48 Hour Book Challenge Starting Post

I do love and look forward to this weekend every year. I can't quite as all in as I did in the first couple years when I actually slept as little as possible and read the entire time, but it is still fun to read as much as possible and have a weekend dedicated to it. My hope is to get 24 hours in total. I should be able to come close as this is a pool day for me and the kids and my husband wants to go to the lake tomorrow. Those are good environments for reading.

I don't have much of a plan this year either. I have three books I've been waiting to read (two of them for a very long time), and I want to start my annual reread of the Queen's Thief this weekend. I will try to knock out some of the ARCs I have on my Nook too. Hopefully this is just my start-up pile and will get through even more.

Want to participate? There's still time! Sign up here.

ETA: I scheduled this to post at 9:30 AM, but my official start time is 10:00 AM.

7 comments:

  1. Nice pile! I really enjoyed Uprooted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED it. It is going to be one I will reread a lot I think.

      Delete
  2. Did I know you've never read Deep Secret?? I haven't read it in years, but I remember liking it a lot. And I think you know I loved Uprooted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know? I'm really looking forward to it!

      (And I LOVED Uprooted. LOVED. LOVED. LOVED.)

      Delete
  3. Deep Secret is fun! And I look forward to seeing what you think of Uprooted. I hope you get good weather for swimming! Our lake is still freezing...isn't yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uprooted is my favorite book I've read this year. I've already reread huge chunks of it. I'm just not ready to put it down.

      Lake Michigan is around 61 degrees right now. Too cold for me, but my kids love it. I just sit in a chair under an umbrella and read. Honestly, I'd rather just be at the pool. I hate sand. However, the rest of my family bribes me to come along with breakfast at this amazing Dutch bakery so.....

      Delete
  4. I don't have a plan for what to read either. I usually just pick what sounds good.

    ReplyDelete