Friday, June 6, 2014

48 HBC Start Post


I love this weekend. I look forward to it every year. I was unable to participate a couple  years ago and it made me all kinds of sad. I won't be able to participate as wholeheartedly as I ordinarily do this year. Usually I sacrifice sleep and leave the complete and total care of my children in the hands of my husband. However, we just moved to a new city. We've been here one whole week so that's not quite as possible. I'm exhausted and eager to explore our new city with  my family. But I have a small goal and will read as much as I can.

I tried to keep with the #weneeddiversebooks theme as much as I could, but I didn't have access to a library until Wednesday and had no way to put some of the books I wanted on hold. Here is what I hope to get read this weekend:

The books on my Nook: Minion, The Things We Kiss Goodbye, Capturing the Silken Thief

That is an 8 book goal which works out to a book every 6 hours. I think I can manage that.

Happy Reading!

14 comments:

  1. I have Pointe on my pile too! I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little over halfway into it now. It's a tough read.

      Delete
  2. I'm having to cut back my participation time this year as well. Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure any participation is better than none. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for your safe arrival in your new home! I hope everything is shaking down smoothly....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, we are all unpacked. My military brat childhood trained me well.

      Delete
  4. Did love Terra Cotta Soldiers. Glad you are able to participate a bit; some years are better than others. Looks like you have a good stack of things to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Pointe as I am pretty much a sucker for ANY book about dance but especially books about ballet. I am glad you are participating, because I agree, not doing this is all kind of sadmaking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed The True Meaning of Smekday. Did you know there's a sequel coming out soon? Interested to hear what you think of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Nook disappeared into my son's room yesterday. What horrible timing! I liked Smekday a lot -- it snuck up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have a great stack! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smekday is my favorite book! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good on you for diving in anyway! Eight books sounds like a great goal - I'm hoping for 4! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you can play! I went back to the library - ON MY DAY OFF - to pick up more books that had come in from my holds. Crazy thing. Great books there!

    ReplyDelete