Tuesday, June 10, 2014

TTT: Top Ten Books I've Read so Far in 2014


This week's TTT topic: Books Read so Far This Year

I have been having a really good reading year thus far, so this was a hard list to make, but in the end these are the ten books that won through.
Black Dog by Rachel Neumeier
Boys of Blur by N.D. Wilson

The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

 
A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
The Homeward Bounders by Diana Wynne Jones (Review posts Thursday!)

Horizon by Jenn Reese
Moonkind by Sarah Prunes


The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier
Nomad by R.J. Anderson

And a bonus favorite that I read in 2013, but that came out in January:
Jinx's Magic by Sage Blackwood

All these series I've loved so much that have come to an end this year, but boy are they ending well. I don't even want to think about how hard doing a top 10 at the end of the year will be.

What are some of your favorite reads of the year thus far?




12 comments:

  1. Classics, would be Anne of Green Gables and The Luckiest Girl, I don't know how I missed out on reading these. I also really enjoyed Hope Is A Ferris Wheel (the poetry was a fun part of the book) and Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library (had the vibe of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and the game was way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne of Green Gables is a childhood favorite of mine. And fortunately it is one that has stood the test of time for me. (Unlike Little House on the Prairie)

      Delete
  2. Cruel Beauty is on my TBR list. The cover of Horizon is gorgeous! I will need to check that one out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horizon is the last in a really great trilogy. If you read MG, you should give it a try.

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness, A Face LIke Glass has been looking at me for ages (thank you so much for it!!!) and I have been waiting for a Period of Calm in which to enjoy it.....but might have to take the plunge regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have Periods of Calm? I have given up on those until my kids leave the house. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice picks. A lot of these are completely new to me and I will have to check them out on Goodreads, especially since you loved them so much. Thanks for sharing :)

    Char @ Reviews from a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is clear I'm a massive fantasy lover from this list. I just realized every book is a fantasy.

      Delete
  5. This is a quality list! I Yay genre and craft, because all these books have that (some more than others, you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check out your review of Cruel Beauty. I've never heard of a lot of these. Nomad has a pretty cover though! Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Say what! The only one I've read on your list is Cruel Beauty. That obviously needs to be fixed now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Several of these look really good. I have a funny feeling my TBR list is about to get longer... Cruel Beauty is on my shelf to be read soon.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete