BEST IN BOOKS
1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
MG Fantasy: Empire of Bones by N.D. Wilson
YA Fantasy: Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow
YA Realistic: Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Adult Romance: The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
That would be Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. *ducks* I think I may have built it up in my head too much, but I found it to be pretty uneven.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Ink is Thicker Than Water by Amy Spalding
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
Jinx by Sage Blackwood
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
The Lion Hunters by Elizabeth Wein
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Laura Florand I read all of her books and loved every single one. I even reread almost all of them too-and am planning on rereading the rest as soon as possible.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Apparently I need to read out of my comfort zone more…
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Everything by Laura Florand
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
I can't choose just one so here's a whole post on this topic.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
From Empire of Bones by N.D. Wilson:
In every herd, many stampede, while only a few turn to face the lions. Cowards live for the sake of the living, but for heroes, life is a weapon, a thing to be spent, a gift to be given to the weak and the lost and the weary, even to the foolish and cowardly.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Romantic: Elisa and Hector in The Bitter Kingdom
Friendship: Aluna and Hoku in Mirage
Sibling: Cyrus, Antigone, Daniel in Empire of Bones
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Captain Thorne from Scarlet
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
The Lion Hunter Series by Elizabeth Wein
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
The Islands of Chaldea by Diana Wynn Jones
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Talker 25 by Joshua McCune
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
Horizon by Jenn Reece (Above World Trilogy)