Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WoW: Jinx's Magic

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Jinx knows he can do magic. But he doesn't know why he's being stalked by a werewolf with a notebook, why the trees are starting to take back the only safe paths through the Urwald, or why the elves think Jinx and the evil Bonemaster are somehow connected.
Jinx's perilous search for answers takes him to the desert land of Samara, where, according to the wizard Simon, he just might find the ancient magic he needs to defeat the Bonemaster and unite the Urwald. But Jinx finds himself in a centuries-old conspiracy that places the Urwald in even greater danger.
In this second installment of the Jinx trilogy, Sage Blackwood's daring hero is called upon to save the Urwald. The more he learns, however, the clearer it becomes that this quest will require more than the magic of a solitary wizard's apprentice, and soon he'll have to call upon all of the Urwald-witches, werewolves, wizards, and trees-for help.

I read Jinx back in March (my review) and absolutely fell in love with Jinx, the Urwald, Simon, and Sophie. I also fell in love with Sage Blackwood's writing. I had no idea whether or not there would be sequel, but I hoped. Oh how I hoped. Imagine my surprised delight when I found that not only would there be a sequel but we would be getting it as early as January 2014! Can. Not. Wait.

What about you? What are you anticipating this week?

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, I had no idea this book existed! I really want to read Jinx, because fairy tale and also good reviews. Exciting to know there's more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinx is just wonderful. Reminiscent of Diana Wynne Jones in many ways. I thought there might be a sequel, but wasn't sure. I certainly didn't know it come so quickly!

      Delete
  2. Yup, completely psyched about this one.

    From my agent AND publisher, so hm! Wonder if I can score an ARC...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could. :)

      I requested on Edelwiess but haven't heard back yet. *waits on pins and needles*

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Jinx, but I've been wanting to pick it up for a long long time. It's always great when the praying for a sequel pays off! I hope the book lives up to your expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pick it up soon. It really is wonderful!

      Delete
  4. This looks so magical and inviting. Great pick! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post :D
    XO Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO SO SO looking forward to this one! I asked Sage about it in my interview with her way back in May and she said: "there will be more of Sophie and her world. Jinx will go to Samara and, of course, get into all kinds of trouble. And Sophie… well, you’ll see." shivers with delighted anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder about this sequel, I loved the first.

    ReplyDelete