A review featuring Bit, age 9. I didn't want to read The Storybook of Legends . On the one hand, it's by Shannon Hale and I often like her books. On the other, it is a commissioned series to go with a line of dolls produced by Mattel. Ugh. But it was nominated for the Cybils and then Bit found the book in the Scholastic flyer and had to have it. (She misses having a fairy tale series to follow since The Sisters Grimm has ended.) Anyway the book came to our house, we both read it, and had different reactions. The Story At Ever After High, an enchanting boarding school, the children of fairytale legends prepare themselves to fulfill their destinies as the next generation of Snow Whites, Prince Charmings and Evil Queens...whether they want to or not. Each year on Legacy Day, students sign the Storybook of Legends to seal their scripted fates. For generations, the Village of Book End has whispered that refusing to sign means The End-both for a story and for a life.As the dau...
Comments
@Hamlette I discovered Fierce Fairy Tales during last week's TTT! Unless it's about something that needs explanation (character, setting, etc.), I usually just post the covers, TBH I don't read everyone's exposition on their posts. I typically just look at the pictures and look up the book on GR if I'm interested.
@Nicci That one looks like fun, and I've heard good things. I still haven't read her first book yet, but want to get to that too.